Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Difficulty With Making Friends

I must admit that I sort of just pick my friends. I am sure my friends feel like they pick me. But I feel even more that I pick my friends.


I try to avoid people who are constantly dealing with conflict of their own making. I want my friends to be loyal. I want to believe my friends will be friends for life.

So I start slowly. I just talk with them. I go back and forth and just talk over a period of time. I trust them slowly. I shared things slowly. I watch how they treat their other friends. I am convinced that if a person can't be loyal to their other friends, he/she will never be loyal to me.

So full friendship with me takes time. Sometimes it takes years. I refuse to make friendships because I am feeling needy. That would cause someone potentially bad to pick me. So I wait.

I must admit that one of the biggest disappointments for me personally, is if I pick the wrong friend.'

Do you pick friends or do they tend to pick you?

Molinak Sun