Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Philosophical Thoughts...

"Desires are the cause of our miseries. Eliminate desires and you will eliminate misery..." --- Buddhist Philosophy

I think this is plausible on several levels. Most of the cases that I have thought about seems to be able to fit with this explanation. But something seems strange about eliminating a desire for knowledge. I know one can be in misery if they desire knowledge, for knowledge is something that is infinite and thus not attainable, and so we are left in a state of misery for we can never be able to grasp it. Perhaps these "desires" pertain to sensations rather than that of the mind. Perhaps, I'm not making sense here because it's hot....

With that said, I'm going to go drink my iced bottle water...

http://www.myspace.com/msun/blog/214867507